Friday, August 19, 2016

828 NW Oak, Redmond, OR.

This is the address of the house we've owned for the last 10 years. I'd show you a picture, but we were lucky to escape in just an hour.

Sue had never seen the house, so we decided to drive by for a look. Well, the new owner was outside and we talked to him for a sec; next thing you know we were taking a tour. He's what you might call a long winded talker. We learned all about his family, the drug addled kids, his old high school friend, how he met his wife, well, I could go on, but why? Yes, he was very nice, but we felt lucky to get out after only the third goodbye. So no pic.

We're just up the road a piece, not far from where I stayed 2 years ago on the Cycle Oregon adventure. There's a beautiful canyon with a river at the bottom just a few feet from our campsite.



We passed through Bend this morning. A popular spot for cycling, Bend has over 300 miles  of mountain bike trails and is the home to the Cascade Cycling Classic, the nation's longest running stage race for road bicycle racing. Bend was recently named the top mountain bike city in Mountain Bike Action magazine. 

So what did we do? We went shopping! No hats, but I ended up getting more items than Sue. The Columbia Outfitters store was having a terrific sale, and Susie forgot to bring her hiking shirts. Problem solved.

Speaking of solving problems, I was able to fix the water heater. It was so silly I'm not going to share, but from here on out, hot showers. So, no, we're not turning back early.

Pop quiz- How many breweries are there in Bend? You heard it here first - 22! We missed one darn it. No, I mean we went to one; Worthy Brewing. Sue said it was the best fish and chips she's ever had. It was so good she fainted! Really. She has low blood pressure and sometimes it just happens. No she's not pregnant, she's fine. 

Mike said to be sure to go to Pendleton OR on our trip, so that's where we'll head tomorrow. Honestly though, I think we already blew our clothing budget for the month. We'll probably end up camping in Washington tomorrow.

More about that later.

ds

5 comments:

  1. Only 22 breweries in Bend? For some reason, I thought there might be more. I hope Sue is OK after her fainting spell. I hope you made good use of that time to slug a couple more beers without her knowing. Just enjoyed one another of your wines tonight. Definitely the 2013 Cabernet Franc component of the Tandem is the winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the cabernet franc Brian. We think it's delicious. I didn't get a chance to even finish Sue's beer. The whole event only took about one and a half minutes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your concern Brian. I didn't even get to finish my one beer. I suppose I just wanted to be noticed. And boy was I!!!

      Delete
  2. Dave, Nice job on the shopping trip. It doesn't surprise me that you bought more than sue. I hope you are not hogging all the closet space in the camper. And regarding the hot water....did you forget to turn the gas back on or light the pilot light? Glad you got a hot shower. Hope your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back is definitely better Kristen thanks. Yes I did remember to turn the gas back on. And there is no pilot light it's electric.

      Delete