Saturday, August 20, 2016

US Route 395

Have you ever driven on the 395 on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada's?

We've been there a number of times, but I never realized I could drive that same highway all the way to Canada. And if I drive south from where I am right now, the 395 will end about 5 miles from Levi's house. Remember Levi? This is me and the little guy on my scooter.


We're camping tonight on the 395 in Washington State. There are no towns here, and even though we are literally 500 feet from the freeway (50 ' from the train tracks) we drove down a gravel road in a giant circle to get here. When I say giant, I mean it's probably farther than Brian would ride his mountain bike in one stretch. Yeah! That's how far it was!

We do have a beautiful view of Sprague lake though. Also, there is only a couple of other rigs here, so it's quite private.




Quiet? Not so much. So far we've had three trains an hour go by, and there is a road crossing getting to the lake, so they have to blow their horns. Now if Jenny was here, that'd be no problem, as I've seen her sleep a few feet from the tracks in El Capitan State Park by Santa Barbara. We'll be sure to channel our inner Jenny tonight and get a really sound sleep.



P.S. Mike, we didn't get to Pendleton OR as it was out of the way by 100 miles and we decided we'd done enough clothes shopping for a while. Wait- do they sell hats?

Life is good on the road with Sue!!

ds

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Dave, you are quite a talented guy. It's a good thing you're able to drive your moto safely with one hand and hold Levi with the other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue and Jenny both told me never again without helmets. Plus a number of my friends were a little concerned. But thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. okay I know a little slow on the response, so did you get a good nights sleep that night???? Trains don't bother me, no. Just a 2 1/2 year old. Remember your nap with Levi, Dave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Jenny, we didn't get any sleep that night. As for the nap with Levi, I do remember trying to sleep but I didn't get any that time either.

      Delete