Monday, August 22, 2016

Coeur d'Alene ID

I'm sure some of you knew this, but we didn't- there was an Ironman Triathlon here this weekend. Lot's of people in town. We missed the festivities by a day. Today we went downtown and checked out the area. It has grown considerably since we were last here. Sue saw a moose downtown and we were able to get a picture off.


They have a considerable amount of artwork around town. Some of it's awesome; some of it thought provoking. All of it interesting.

Twenty four years ago Sue and I got married and of course our honeymoon was the same place most everyone goes; Coeur d'Alene! Back then we rented a motor home and spent a week exploring the area campsites. On the last night we were wandering around town and decided to splurge on dinner at a restaurant and we stumbled into Beverly's. It was the first fine dining experience we'd had together and it was definitely one of the top three meals we've ever had. Tonight we're going back for an early anniversary. We have high expectations.

This is the last town we'll be in for several weeks, as we're driving north on I 95 and taking a right on highway 2 just before we hit Canada. We're only about a four hour drive from Glacier Park right now, but we're taking the slow scenic route. Should be there in a week. We're finally getting into the camping portion of the trip, so it's possible we won't be connected all the time. I'm just warning you blog junkies in advance.

I'll post when I can.

ds

3 comments:

  1. Dave/Sue: I could not get our RV ready on the short notice from Sue, so could not join you (our destination is Glacier, too). Curious what your camping location will be...in the park, or elsewhere. I was checking their campground situation today on line, and comments were: "Check out is 11AM , fills back up by 11:30" and "Be there at 9:30 AM for some early departure opportunities" "Park is really nice".
    ---Scott---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave/Sue: Good News: I see Apgar by Visitors Center is the first-come first-serve one mentioned above, while Fish Creek nearby is accepting my reservation, right next to yours. My site is better!
    ---SCott---

    ReplyDelete