Thursday, July 2, 2015

Good day Sunshine!

What a beautiful day in Valdez. Clear blue skies this morning, with clouds building as the day progressed, and the temp is in the 60's. This is living.

We started the day on a bike ride, but the trail was a little rugged for Sue, so we got off the trail and rode through town on the streets. What a great place.



We then decided to go for a hike just outside of town on the Shoup Trail. Unfortunately it is overgrown with thistle at mile 1.5, so we didn't get far. What views though.



Today is our last day in Valdez, so we ended up at the harbor again where the restaurants and coffee shop are located. Just spent some leisurely time soaking up the sun, suds, and java. If I could get Susie to move this far away from our grandson, Valdez is where I'd go. They are in desperate need of a microbrew. I think that'd be a good second career for me, and since Mike doesn't want me to retire, I could make him happy too. And I could be looking at this view while working.



 But like I say, she won't go that far from Levi. Guess I won't be going back to work after all. Sorry Mike.

Tomorrow we'll be pointing the truck towards Atascadero when we hit the road. Before long, my blogging days will be over. In the meantime, I'll stay in touch.

ds

3 comments:

  1. It"s been great to see everywhere you two have been, I have enjoyed each pic and blogg. Keep them coming, even after you get home.
    It seems to go faster on the return home, especially as you get closer. It's ok to take a few extra days if on the way home the itch to go to one more place occurs. Would enjoy the extra pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I found Alaska very awesome, and like you, I picked my favorite place to move to. Careful what you wish for....it is dark many months in the Winter, and Valdez with 64" Rain and 325" of snow might get you down pretty quick. We want you safely back here with photos and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did mean she can't stand to be away from her daughter, right?

    ReplyDelete