Sunday, July 12, 2015

Homeward Bound

Well we're back in California again. It won't be long before we're home. I'm surprised we have cell service here, being out in the boonies as we are. Even last night by Portland I couldn't connect.

We stayed with my sister two nights ago. That was pretty nice as we rarely see her and in fact, this was the first time we'd seen her house which she's owned for ten years. It isn't smoky here right now and that's a relief. We had gotten so annoyed by the haze it's very pleasant not to see it any longer.

We went through a downpour of rain earlier today, which is sad because it actually cleaned some of the bugs off the trailer. It was just covered with dead bugs and was going to make a great picture when we got home, but not so much now I'm afraid. On the plus side, it seems I finally found the water leak and fixed it so it won't rain in the trailer any longer... kind of, anyway. It is ever so slightly damp.

We'll be stopping in Milpitas to share a fish dinner with Steve and Harsha. I hope they have some wine, because we are fresh out, and there's no stores close by. WAH!!

I'll be posting again when I get home, just to wrap everything up. I'm not telling you when that'll be though, just because I want to keep you on pins and needles as long as possible.

ds

3 comments:

  1. My theory? You've been home for almost two weeks & are just posting from the comfort of your living room easy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting caught up on your stories from last week even though I know you are already home. I'm going to miss your funny stories! No grizzly bear sightings in Atascadero yet?

    ReplyDelete