Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hiking around Waterton

We went for a couple of short hikes today. The first was called Bear Hump Trail. It was .75 miles and 700' of climbing.That's an average grade of 20%. I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. Along the way we saw some wildlife up close.



OK, the Bighorn was actually on the road, but the deer was on the trail.



The view from the top was outstanding though.



The way down was as tough as the way up.

After that we went to Bertha Falls, and again the views were spectacular.



 The idea of paying the Canadian government $5/bottle to bring my wine into their country really irks me. Particularly since we still have a couple of cases left. So instead of doing that we left our trailer in Montana and drove the truck up into the park. I just decided we could treat ourselves to a little luxury and stay in a motel for two nights. Also, we have to eat out every meal, so Susie gets a little vacation from feeding me. Peggy would be very proud of this decision.

We do have a nice view from our deck.


 I know what you're thinking Doug, and yes, I would've saved money just paying the tax and staying in the trailer, but sometimes I just have to spend money to be happy. I'm so shallow.

Tomorrow we go to Red Rock Cyn. on the way back to the states. It's supposed to be spectacular. I'll let you know.

ds

6 comments:

  1. Dave: How did you meet your electrical needs in Apgar for all those days there since they have no electrical hookup?
    I am enjoying your stories and pictures reminding me of our hikes and visits to some of the same places (even Canada). And the weather changes (e.g. Logan Pass) hit us too, but we made the most of it, much like you.
    ---Scott---

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how you were going to drive into Canada with all your wine. Yesterday at coffee we were taking guesses on how much wine you had with you. I guessed a case but someone guessed 2 cases...can't remember who it was. Anyway, I'm glad you settled this for us. Sue, enjoy the break. Missing you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet Mike guessed how much wine we had left. He asked how much we were taking with us, so he had an educated guess. Today we're back in Montana. Now we can drink to our hearts content again.

      Delete
  3. Way to show those Canadians who is boss. I guess.

    ReplyDelete