Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hiking Jackson Lake



We went for a 7 mile hike today and got lost. Sort of. We followed the lake shore, so we always knew we had that to orient ourselves. But the trail markers were very lacking. It was a good hike though.

At one point we ended up at Swan Lake- no swans visible, but boy were there a lot of water lilies. So many in fact, that the water was only visible in a few small areas. That's the lake behind me.

You can ask Lavonne and Earl, when things go wrong on a trip, you adapt. We've had so many mechanical issues on this trip, I feel like I'm working all the time. Let's see- water heater, propane hose leak, fuel filter replacement, broken inverter cable, bath vent, I think there's more, but I can't remember right now. Scott, if you're still with us, bring your tool box on your travels. The lesson here is- deal with it as it comes. That's life lesson #1. Life lesson #2 is enjoy every day with a smile.Nothing is insurmountable. Except,for me, the Grand Teton-

I know Brian and Janet would do this in an afternoon, and God Bless them for it. I take pictures from afar.

We didn't hike much in Yellowstone because we weren't feeling our best, but tomorrow is another hike to Inspiration Point at Jenny Lake. Should be some good pics.

For some reason Strava won't let me upload pictures on this trip. However, it keeps trying and really messes with my internet connection. So from now on, I won't even try. Unfortunately, because Strava is still trying desperately, I can't upload pics to the blog tonight. Please refer to Life lesson #2.

ds


4 comments:

  1. Life lesson 2 is a good one. Janet enjoys it with a smile or some type of flowery comment that always makes thing seem like no big deal. Meanwhile, I still want to grumble. Dave, if you still want to grumble, I'll come join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Janet is on to something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid that, at times, it's possible, I might be irritatingly positive. Thanks for letting us know that bicycles are now allowed on the trails in Grand Teton NP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I misspoke. Bikes aren't allowed on the trails. But they do have a multi use path that runs for many miles, all the way into Jackson and beyond. We've seen many bikes on this path.

      I'm not sure you could ever be irritating. Just keep smiling!!

      Delete