Monday, September 12, 2016

Yellowstone in the snow.



Sue and I both have nasty colds today, she got hers the day before me. We are parked at Jeff and Kelly's on a dead end road. Today a tractor was here digging a trench across the road effectively blocking us in for the day. So we got up early and left for the park before we knew how sick we were. We should've stayed home and slept all day.

We did see a lot of wildlife though. Elk, buffalo, coyote, trumpeter swan, canada geese. The bison were in herds everywhere- literally hundreds per herd.





Today it snowed on us pretty much all day. There were several inches on the ground as time went on. We were in the clouds so no scenic vistas.





Yesterday we were there and it was sunny and warm.



We've decided to stay camping here until we get better, although we really don't want to spread this to our hosts. We'll hole up in our warm cozy trailer till we feel good enough to travel again.

Scrabble anyone?

ds

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you guys are sick! At least you're in a gorgeous place to do your recovering!
    I hope you both get well super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey. Sue is feeling much better today, but I'm not around the corner yet. Since the park roads were closed due to snow, it couldn't have happened at a better time. We'll be out and about in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. I do love you the pictures. I envy the rain but the snow looks too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling better not complete. You'd be surprised how fun the snow is. It's definitely preferable to getting rained on. Be home soon.

      Delete
  4. Ick. Snow and a cold. On vacation.
    I hope you both feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're feeling better, thanks. Not 100% yet, but at least not the walking dead anymore. You seem to be handling the ride leadership wonderfully. I'm glad to finally pass the baton on a permanent basis!!

      Delete
  5. It's been days...are you better yet? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are feeling better, but neither of us is out of the woods yet. How about you? I thought you were better when I saw you were back on the bike, but then noticed you went for a walk the other day instead of riding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That walk was on Tuesday because now I am going to Bible study on Tuesday mornings. I am pretty much back to normal. I swam 3 times last week and I did the full workout. I lost a lot of conditioning over the 3-4 month break...I'm pretty slow in the pool. I also biked Saturday and Sunday and Thursday...so I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That walk was on Tuesday because now I am going to Bible study on Tuesday mornings. I am pretty much back to normal. I swam 3 times last week and I did the full workout. I lost a lot of conditioning over the 3-4 month break...I'm pretty slow in the pool. I also biked Saturday and Sunday and Thursday...so I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete