Thursday, September 12, 2019

14,115 feet closer to the sun

I have to tell you, I was a little light-headed. I think part of the problem was that we got to the top so quickly we didn't have a chance to acclimate. Here's what it looks like at the top of Pike's Peak.





Basically, lots of construction and rocks. Plus a view of forever. Supposedly, in a year they will complete a 30 million dollar all new and improved visitor center (gift shop). We'll have to come back. Because of construction you can't drive to the top right now, but have to be shuttled from mile 16 to mile 20 at the peak.

On the way to the peak there were some cool sights.




Sorry Gary, we didn't see Sasquatch. Although yesterday in Historic Manitou Springs we saw what very well could have been Big Foot walking across Main St. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera ready. I'm telling you though, if we had seen this creature in the wild, I would be a believer.


Tomorrow, Glendo, Wy. I know what you must be thinking. Glendo! Why can't I go there??  Perhaps one day you'll be so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you drove to 14k feet, but didn’t want to run across the Grand Canyon twice because of breathing concerns? Seems a little fishy.

    ReplyDelete