Friday, September 6, 2019

Onward to Vermilion Cliffs

We just left the Grand canyon area. And we happened to drive through a spot where we had coverage. I recently remembered that usually on our trips we tend to be in areas where there is no coverage.

Yesterday we went on two wonderful hikes, but breathing at 8000 feet elevation is a little bit difficult for me now. I've decided it's best not to run from rim to rim to rim.



We aren't driving very far today, about 50 miles from where we were staying is a place called Vermilion Cliffs National Reserve. We plan on relaxing today to see if I can get over a painful sore throat which started the morning we left. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a cold, or worse.


4 comments:

  1. I’m three days behind but I haven’t forgotten you guys. It looks like are the only people at the North Rim. Great idea to beat the crowds, though maybe it is already into shoulder season. Perfect! I hope you’re sore throat is all gone by now. We are in a hotel. Rain coming tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were having trouble breathing at 8000 feet, so you decided to skip rim to rim to rim? I’m surprised you elected to skip it because a lot of the time is spent deep in the canyon at lower and easier breathing elevations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth Brian is that Sue already did rim to rim, and I didn't want to leave her alone. Just thinking of her really.

    My throat is much better Janet, thanks. I hope you avoid the heavy rains and just get a sprinkle. We've been rained on every day except today, but it's usually quite light and short lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all is well. RRR = Rest, Relax, Refreshment

    ReplyDelete