Sunday, September 15, 2019

Custer State Park, South Dakota

We were able to score a great camp site right in the middle of the park, even though all the online info said everything was full. We're so happy!!

We went for a short drive today to explore the area, one of the spots being the town of Custer. They have quite a few buffalo statues spread around.




I should mention we saw a number of real buffalo as we were driving through Wind Cave National Park.



We drove down a road named Needles Highway. The needles referred to the beautiful and unique rock formations.


Apparently they let people climb these things. Look closely at the top of the right hand needle.


The road is very twisty and narrow, with some cool tunnels to drive through.


As you can see, they tend to be rather narrow. I'm touching the wall here, and Sue could touch the other wall at the same time.



The name of this tunnel is the Needle. Since we couldn't open the doors, Sue had to shoot this through the windshield. Not to mention traffic restraints.


We had lunch at a local brewery (huh) and I paired my food with a local favorite beer. It was very mellow and smooth. I highly recommend it.


 This next picture is for Bill. I found this in the Men's Room. I know how much you enjoy this sort of thing.



Our campsite has no reception, so I may not post regularly while we're here.

Soon.

2 comments:

  1. “Suggested glassware”? That is getting a little snotty (I mean snooty), don’t you think? Anyway, I was thinking that now that you’re done remodeling your house, maybe you could put an “in theme” urinal in your bathroom. I’d say that to should go with the 5 gallon carboy instead of the 6 gallon. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? The 60 gal barrel is too big?

    ReplyDelete