Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sue's Birthday!!

She was born 64 years ago today. WOOHOO!

We’ll be driving to Kluane park today and probably stay there for a few days. It depends on how good the fishing is. We could drive to Alaska in a few hours; we’re that close. But we want to explore as much as possible, so we’ll hang out in Canada for a while longer.

I doubt there’ll be service there, so don’t be disappointed if you don’t hear from us for a while. I expect to still have spotty service in Alaska but we’ll see.

There’s been several requests for Tracey’s blog. Here’s her url- Traceyandchristravels.blogspot.com. They went to Utah and she took some awesome pictures. I think they may be home by now.

No pictures yet of Sasquatch. He’s been particularly evasive. The one time we saw him, he ran off before we got a pic.

 I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a brown bear in Kluane.  In case you’re wondering, bears come in three types- Polar (which we don’t expect to see), Black (which come in all colors; we’ve already seen black and brown), and Brown bears(which we call Grizzly in the States). The brown are the mean ones. There’s a saying in the woods; Black fight back, brown lay down. The blacks are smaller and not too aggressive but if they attack they can be scared away. Browns are much more aggressive and can’t be fought off. Hence, the purchase of a can of bear spray yesterday. It’s like wasp spray but nastier. Of course, you have to spray right into their eyes- from 12’ away! Yikes! If you don’t hear from us in a week, call the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and let them know we were probably eaten by a brown, will ya?

ds


6 comments:

  1. 🎂🎂🎂happy birthday susie🎂🎂🎂
    See, birthday wishes really do come true! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By looking at the photos, I think that Sue is looking younger just because of the trip. To heck with this idea she just got a year older. Dave, on the other hand...well, just looks like Dave. Sorry pal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom,

    Happy Birthday! Sounds like quite a trip so far. You will have to tell me about it when you have phone service. I texted your phone and Dave's just so you know. :-)

    I love you,

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave! Thanks for the promotion! My blog address is actually traceyandchristravel.blogspot.com :)
    I hope you and Sue had a great time on Sue's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sue! I'm glad you and Dave are having the best trip ever and I'm glad you have not been eaten by a bear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll just tell the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to keep an eye out for intoxicated bears with traces of Louie D in their blood. I think they managed to recover Little Red Riding Hood that way.

    ReplyDelete