Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sunshine almost always makes me high!

Now I know what John Denver was singing about. Although I still have a buzz from the new hats.

Byrnie Utz hats in Seattle is one of the best shops I've ever seen. I'm putting the pressure on Len; I finally found my Beaver hat. Ya gotta get one Len, it is really awesome. It is so lightweight and comfortable. I also found a Riverboat Gambler which I had been searching for. And they had the most handsome bowler!

Which is your favorite? Of course, like a good wine pairing with food, I really need to change outfits  to get the proper look. That'll come later.

Here's the Bowler, in a beautiful Camel color-



Here's the Gambler. It's a straw Panama hat.


And here's the crown jewel; a Silver Bellied color Beaver made in Spain.


As you can see, we finally saw the sunshine today. It was a wonderful day to view the Puget Sound. 



We also went to Pike Place Market, where we found the Pike Brewery. What an atmosphere! Bikes hanging from the ceiling, every square inch covered in some sort of beer decor. They even had a beer museum there.






Hopefully tomorrow will be clear and we can check out the view from the Space Needle.

ds



8 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you're having a great time!
    I must say, I like the gambler best although the other two are quite handsome too. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you're having a great time too Tracey. Judging by your pictures you're having better weather than we are. We're enjoying following your blog. Keep posting!

      Delete
  2. *This may show up twice .
    I am enjoying your blogs. I lived in OR after college and have relatives/friends in Seattle, so it has been fun cruising through my old haunts with you. Your rain sounds good to me. Atascadero was supposed to get some sprinkles today, but all we got was spit. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha. although we're enjoying the big cities, we're looking forward to getting out in the countryside again. That's where the real fun starts.

      Delete
  3. The varying poses make it difficult for me to judge the hat, as the Beaver pose is so much more manly than the Gambler pose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Brian L, I concur. Additionally, I believe a careful review of the Bowler hat pose reveals that Dave is just barely able to cover his excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love each new hat you found in Seattle. The beaver one looks the best with the outfit you wore on the day you shopped. I guess I thought the beaver would look like a furry hat rather than a smooth/felted look. Well done with the shopping.
    I imagine you are anxious to get to the scenery and wilderness memories. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave- 3hats
    Susie-0 hats
    Susie, you still have time
    Ps I like the Gambler hat and the pose

    ReplyDelete