Monday, June 22, 2015

Halibut

Really poor internet connection. Here's some highlights from yesterday's fishing expedition. We both caught our limit and are shipping fish home. Sue really had an epic battle bringing in her biggest catch(28.5 lbs)
It looks like this is the only pic I can upload. Sue was so excited because she caught the biggest fish of her life. It was even more fun for the rest of us on the boat to watch her. She's so sore today all she could do was lift a pint in celebration.

BTW, I grilled some of the halibut last night for dinner and it was the best we've ever had.

We're in Seward now and expect to be spending some time here hiking and drinking. Too bad the reception is so bad, I have some great pics to share. I'll send 'em later for your viewing pleasure.

ds

10 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! Whoop! Whoop! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. I still can barely move but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

      Delete
  2. Wow! How long does it take to get a 28.5 halibut into the boat? That can be quite a battle. My arms are aching for you! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg, not sure how long it took but it was a fun forever. I kept losing hold of the crank. It was long enough to provide entertainment for everyone.

      Delete
  3. Congrats Sue! You worked hard - with a big smile - to get that halibut. You deserve a celebratory pint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I got pretty excited. What a fabulous extra!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the kudos everyone. I hear I was quite hilarious to watch.The captain guided me through the whole process but physically I was struggling. But the thrill can't be topped. I continue to hit replay over and over in my mind. I'm one happy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goody! I can comment as myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those Zumba classes paid off! :)
    Congratulations! What a fantastic catch! The biggest fish I ever caught was a 4.5 lb. Bonita and it nearly pulled me into the ocean! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey but I'm wondering right about now if I've ever exercise d in my life but just ask me if I would relive that moment.

      Delete