Monday, June 8, 2015

Talkeetna


Remember the tv show called "Northern Exposure"? We loved that show. Talkeetna is the town that show was modeled after. Lots of gifts shops, one coffee house, and one microbrew. So we were both happy today.

We drove in the rain all day today. Unfortunately my trailer has a leak at the very front. Whenever we drive in the rain the bed gets wet. For the life of me I can't find where it's coming from. I've caulked extensively around everything I can think of but I'm not done yet apparently.

The drive was pretty uneventful except for a cow moose ran across the road right in front of us. I hit the brakes pretty hard as I watched her look over her shoulder at us, and thank goodness she had some speed, because I couldn't have stopped on that wet road. Tomorrow we drive through an area the Milepost calls a "moose danger zone". I'll keep my eyes peeled there for sure.

ds

4 comments:

  1. On the bright side, if you hit a moose it will take your mind off that pesky leak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have such a positive attitude John. You're my hero.

      Delete
  2. Well, Dave, you know me - always a sort of glass half full kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That moose in the road must have been the one that strolled down Main Street in Northern Exposure. I liked that show too.

    ReplyDelete