Friday, June 19, 2015

Homer

This is a great place to hang out. Fishing everywhere, Two Sisters Bakery (phenomenal sticky buns), great views.

We got up early so Sue could try her hand st Salmon fishing; no luck yet, but we did break a borrowed reel. Sorry Manny. Bald eagles, the sunrise over the glaciers- WOW!


We'll go Halibut fishing on Sunday. In the mean time, she'd really like to catch a salmon, so she isn't done yet. Plus, we haven't tried the local brew yet either. We did stop by the Salty Dog, which is the local bar where the fisherman hang out. You don't see a place like that every day. I'd show you a picture, but my connection is really poor. I'm glad I was able to get the sunrise for you.

ds




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    I hope you catch a salmon Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're never coming back! Have fun,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that there are no bad days of fishing, just some are better than others. Dave I think you will have a great day at the breweries, have one for me.It looks like a beautiful day, keep the pics coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunrise! Happy longest day of the year (tomorrow)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, Dave? You could only get one photo out & you picked that one over a glass of beer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete